When US sneezes, STI catches a cold. Like it or not, we need to monitor the US markets.
I wrote the above numerous times.
I believe after SPX plunged yesterday, STI might catch a bad cold this time.
- SPX dived 3%+ in a day; wiped out the gains made since July.
- STI is still weak. It is trading below it’s 20-, 50-, and 200-day moving average.
- SPX uptrend is being threatened now. Time to trade defensively.
What STI stocks are at risk?
These 4 companies make up almost half of STI (46.9% specifically). If STI drops, they’re likely the biggest losers.
If SPX sneezes, these big fours may catch a cold:
- $DBS(D05.SI) : 15.7% of STI
- $OCBC Bank(O39.SI) : 11.6%
- $UOB(U11.SI) : 11%
- $SingTel(Z74.SI) : 8.6%
Closing 10 Oct 2018
Want to learn US options trading? Get free online course here.