When US sneezes, STI catches a cold. Like it or not, we need to monitor the US markets.
- SPX: Up
- STI: Down
- S-REITs: Sideways
- STI downtrend remains for the week; closing at 3161.4.
- SPX risen for the week, which helped lift STI a bit; forming a new lower low.
- STI is still very weak, closing below its 20, 50, 200-day moving averages.
- If SPX uptrend is affected, STI will likely drop further.
What STI stocks are at risk?
These 4 companies make up almost half of STI (46.9% specifically). If STI drops, they’re likely the biggest losers.
If SPX sneezes, these big fours may catch a cold:
- $DBS(D05.SI) : 15.7% of STI
- $OCBC Bank(O39.SI) : 11.6%
- $UOB(U11.SI) : 11%
- $SingTel(Z74.SI) : 8.6%
Week closing 14 Sep 2018
Want to learn US options trading? Get free online course here.