The first 2 REITs ETFs listed in Singapore are:
- Phillip SGX Apac Dividend Leaders Reit ETF (listed in Oct 2016)
- NikkoAM-StraitsTrading Asia ex Japan Reit ETF (listed in Mar 2017)
Now, Lion Global and Phillip Capital team up to launch the 3rd REITs ETF in Singapore: Lion-Phillip S-REIT ETF.
- IOP period: 2 – 17 Oct 2017
- Listing date: 30 Oct 2017
The Lion-Phillip S-REIT ETF will closely tracks the Morningstar® Singapore REIT Yield Focus IndexSM, which is designed to screen for high-yielding Real Estate Investment Trusts with superior quality and financial health.
This Morningstar index is what makes the Lion-Phillip S-REIT ETF special:
- Offers passive investment opportunities to deliver beta exposure, drawing on Morningstar’s independent research, global data and deep indexing expertise.
- Besides yield, the quality and liquidity of REITs are just as important. Most of the existing indices are weighted based on market capitalisation and/or tilted towards higher yielding REITs.
- As such, the Lion-Phillip S-REIT ETF issuer have worked with Morningstar to create an index that focuses on quality, financial health and yield, with the weightings further adjusted to take into consideration the liquidity of the underlying REITs.
For a comparison between the 23 components inside the Lion-Phillip S-REIT ETF, click here.
For the Lion-Phillip S-REIT ETF prospectus, factsheet, FAQ and more details, click here.